I’m reading a book called, Creation’s Heartbeat, by Dr. Y. Fass. It’s an entire book devoted to the layers of meaning in Genesis 1:1 from the Hebrew language. He says in the intro: “The Creator of life evidently knows how to compress, transfer, and secure vital information (from the example of DNA). If He wished, He could encode His intent for creation in less than a handful of words and reveal His own heart there to those who sought after Him.”
- You could fit one million threads of DNA across the period at the end of this sentence.
- If the total DNA in one person were laid in a straight line, it would stretch to the sun and back over 600 times (it’s 93 million miles from here to the sun).
- If the genome (sum of all the genetic information in your body) was a book, it would be the equivalent of 800 dictionaries. It would take a person typing 60 words per minute, eight hours a day, around 50 years to type the human genome. You would need 3 gigabytes of storage space on a computer to hold all of this
- The human DNA code is made up of about thirty billion A,T, C, and Gs (pieces of information) on each side of the DNA strand.
- If you were to stretch out the DNA from those 46 chromosomes in one cell and lay it end to end, it would be over 2 yards in length.
- A gram of DNA has the information content of a trillion DVDs, and has to be unpacked in a very particular way to provide life.
Think about it. The God who coded DNA also packaged His Word. Is it too far of a stretch to believe that His Word, like DNA, is practically unlimited information in a small space (whether or not we know it)? The key is in learning how to unzip it and decode it. I’m ever smitten as I look into Scriptures and find that the deeper I look, the deeper it gets. I hope you will take the time to search for the deeper codes and hidden treasures buried in Scriptures. If you start with the right tools and perspectives, you could study them your whole life and never hardly scratch the surface. What an adventure!
For if you cry for discernment, lift your voice for understanding; If you seek her as silver and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will discern the fear of the LORD and discover the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:3-5