Today we are going to look at the next reward in the Kingdom (after getting to be like children). That is that we are going to be "priests!" Now to some of you, when I say, "priest," you suddenly see yourself in a collar sitting in a confessional booth all day. No, not that kind of priest. We're looking more at the priests of the Bible, and applying what they did in the natural world to the spiritual world. Check out this verse:
"Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection (the faithful servants). For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years" (Revelation 20:6).
So what is the reward of being a priest? The priests of God held a special position in society. They got to live up close and personal, serving God directly in His Tabernacle. In fact, they didn't receive land as an inheritance because the Lord Himself was their inheritance. This is a picture of the reward in the Millennial Kingdom when the faithful followers of Jesus will get to experience the joys and delights of inheriting their reward—Jesus Christ! They will get to spend lots of time in His presence, and it will be a total euphoric delight! Listen to some of the words King David used to describe the Millennial Kingdom:
- But the humble will inherit the land and will delight themselves in abundant prosperity. (37:11)
- How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You To dwell in Your courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple. (65:4)
- How lovely are Your dwelling places, O LORD of hosts! My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God. (84:1-2)
- For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness…No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. (84:10-11)
- My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. (63:5)
Next week will be the final reward. I've saved the BEST for last, so be sure to stop by!!